Chimneys keep a home warm and cozy along with adding appeal and beauty to any home. A homeowner wants to provide warmth to their family along with safety, and that is why it is important for every chimney to have a chimney cap.
A chimney cap is a metal box that sits on top of a chimney. The benefits of one include:
- A chimney cap will prevent rainwater from entering the chimney liner. Rainwater can damage cause deterioration to the liner and the chimney.
- The chimney cap will prevent limbs, leaves and debris from entering your chimney.
- A chimney cap will prevent wildlife from entering your chimney. Birds, squirrels and raccoons are always looking for a place to build their nest, and the chimney is the perfect choice for these animals. The chimney never has any people around it and the animals have a dark, quiet place to live. A chimney cap will prevent any wildlife from building a nest in your chimney.
- A chimney cap can prevent a fire. Embers can fly up the chimney, then land on your roof. This is dangerous and deadly, but a chimney cap prevents embers from exiting the chimney.
- The chimney cap can promote a long life to your chimney liner. The chimney cap will keep rain and debris from entering the liner. These items cause damage to a chimney liner.
A chimney cap is affordable and will save a homeowner costly repairs later. It should be installed by a professional who is trained and qualified. Safeside Chimney are the professionals to install your chimney cap. Give them a call today!
For more information on Hartford’s chimney experts, click here!